Available in English as an iPhone app, the MNA® (Mini Nutritional Assessment) is the GOLD standard in nutrition screening for the older adult.
Quick, easy to use and effective, the MNA-SF® has been revalidated as a stand-alone screening tool.1
Most validated tool for the persons age 65 and older
- Sensitive and reliable
- Recommended by national and international organisations
- Supported by more than 600 published studies
- Validated and relevant for use in various care settings2
Quick and easy to use
- Screen in less than 4 minutes
- Requires no special training
- Proven to be easy to use in clinical practice3
Identifies patients who need nutrition intervention
- Three categories:
- At risk of malnutrition
- Normally nourished
- Facilitates early intervention
- Identifies persons who are at risk even before weight loss occurs
Most commonly used nutrition screening tool by geriatricians4
1. Kaiser MJ et al. J Nutr Health Aging. 2009; 13(9):782-788.
2. Kaiser MJ et al. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2010; 58:1734-1738.
3. Charleton K et al. J Nutr Health Aging. 2010; 14(8):622-628.
4. Vandewoude M et al. Eur Geriatr Med 2011; 2(2):67-70.